Brussels is a beautiful city to live in with its beautiful parks , museums and scenic cities in close proximity. Waffles, Beer and Frites, should I say more ?
As a family you would experience quality life , culture and beautiful getaways mere few hours away.
While choosing a place , look for Steel doors with the 3/4 locking system to prevent break-ins.
Public Transportation/ Bicycle/Personal car for longer routes . Do buy a bicycle as Brussels is a super bike friendly city . Cars are expensive but can be of great use to explore nearby cities and hidden jewels.
Good medical facilities and pharmacies options available . Refer to your medical insurance for more details.
Halal and non Halal options available . Waffles , Frites , Turkish , Lebanese , Moroccan , Italian. Brussels has your taste buds well covered.
- Download google translate as people at government offices and small restaurants only speak French.
- Buy grocery bag with wheels .Check weather for the week . You wouldn’t want to miss an outdoor activity on that one sunny day.
- Buy a coin case (Preferably that separates frank and cents).
- Using the bathroom costs ! Keep change even in cinemas.
- Plan your Saturday well as all malls and shops are closed on Sunday.
- Keep an eye on Easy Jet and Ryan Air for cheap weekend getaways.
- Look out for free museum night where you can access all museums for free.
- To prevent break-in, do not leave behind anything valuable in the car.
- Don’t walk late around the Moroccan area. Harassment guaranteed.
- Don’t speak French in Flemish area. You won’t get the love you were expecting.